Friday, July 13, 2007

A house for my box.

This will be a short little post about a lonely box.

I have a few plants under my belt now, and while I'm not obsessive about them, I like when I receive find notices and worry when I do not. This worrying has lessened somewhat, I do some maintenance and see 9 finders but only one logged. Oh well, glad people are enjoying them.

But I had this one box that has been sitting out there for a long time, no finders, no reports, nothing. So, I decided to do some maintenance. Fortunately, the box is on the way to one of my favorite summer activity places, so I made a day out of it with the family.

When I got to the hidey-spot, I noticed a bit of a social trail leading past the tree it was hidden behind. I was a bit dismayed at this because it was in a preserve (only about twenty feet off the trail) and I did not want to disrupt any planty things. Turns out, though, it was only a deer trail. It actually wound past the tree my box is hidden behind and deeper into the woods.

So, I followed the fortuitously placed deer trail back to my tree and here is what I see waiting behind it:
See how nice nature is? It made a happy little mayapple pagoda over my little SPOR. The box has no finds and it's sitting snug and dry under it's house.

I know this may have been a boring post, but when I was out there in the woods and I saw that happy little mayapple, I just felt kinda serene.

Mr. Yuk (feeling a little like Bob Ross)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, a sweet little post. Makes me wish I could blast over there and find that little plant (pun intended).

The Royal Fish

The Currey Family said...

Happy trees....I heart Bob Ross. I'd rather a lonely box than a missing box any day.