Friday, May 18, 2007

Oatmeal

This may have nothing to do with boxing, but...

I would like to take a second to extole the virtues of Quaker Instant Oatmeal.

1. It's delicious (I like the Fruit and Cream Variety)
2. It's really easy to prepare, which is great for mornings.
3. It's vegetarian friendly.
4. It makes me beleive in sayings like: "it'll put hair on your chest."
5. It's good for you (I think)
6. They put FOUR packets of peaches and cream, and only TWO of the other three varieties in the "Fruit and Cream Variety Pack" This is because they know that peaches and cream is the motherfucker of all oatmeals.

Someone will probably post a comment to this blog containing a link to a website about:

"Wilford Brimley making love with a Rhinocerous"

or

"Quaker Oatmeal: Illegal Slave Traders or Harmless Breakfast Company (both?)"

or

"Peaches and Herb: the last true representation of Rock'n'Roll"

I don't care. I'm gonna keep on eating my oatmeal.

For those of you that have never experienced Peaches and Herb, I suggest checking out the song "Love is Strange," which has the following incredible lyrics...

"Sylvia
Yes, Mickey
How do you call your lover boy
Come here, lover boy"

1 comment:

Sue KuKu said...

"And if he doesn't answer?"

" ~oh, Lover Boy~ "

"And if he still doesn't answer?"

"I simply say, 'Bay-bee'. . ."

KuKu
who loves Cinnamon Pecan Supreme Instant — now that rocks!